I'm coming back to work, I've missed you! ...




This year has flown by so far.

I always seem to say that but this year has flown by faster than ever before and I know that the main reason for that (for me at least!) is due to the fact I found out we were expecting baby Jones mid way through January of this year.

It was a MASSIVE shock for us! The word shock has now been substituted for "Surprise" as baby Alfie Jones is now almost 2 months old and in typical mummy fashion I really can't remember what life was like before he arrived :)



I had my plan in place regarding work / Aspire Hair ....

  1. Carry on working through the morning sickness (I was so lucky that I never got sick!)
  2. Carry on working up until the "bitter end" - IE, until my waters break or my contractions become so painful Mr Gary Jones and my staff are required to carry me out of the shop as I can no longer work.
  3. Have the baby and get right back to work after a week or at a push two
  4. Be super women / mummy

Oh gosh how unrealistic I was!

I blame that on not being pregnant / giving birth for 8 years and I had totally forgot (blocked out??) what going through labour and birth is REALLY like.

I believe it's definitely one of the most, if not the most, difficult things a women will ever do in her life! It's physically, emotionally and mentally hard.

So here I am, almost 7 weeks after giving birth and I am finally starting to feel like a human being again. Not 100% but I'm getting there.

I have been blessed with what I can only describe as the most relaxed, chilled and easy baby I have ever known. I didn't even think babies like Alfie could exist! He hardly ever cries and he sleeps through the night most nights already. Maybe he took one look at me after he was born and thought 'OK, so maybe I should cut mum a little slack. She looks a big old mess!'.

I love being a mum again even though I had convinced myself that I wasn't going to have any more kids. I love feeding him, cuddling him and (on the odd occasion that he does give us a little cry) I feel excited for an excuse to pick him up and rock him back to being settled.

I can't believe how much has changed in the baby world in the 8 years since I had my Daughter, Mya. The amount of products and devices you can buy that make life that little bit easier is crazy and I will be forever grateful to my Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine. Money VERY well spent there I'd say :D

OK - so I'm babbling on now with my baby talk and steering away from the main purpose of this post which is that I am returning to work running consultations part time from November 1st. Our lovely Georgia will still be running her consultations along side me and the shop will be open full time as usual.


I'm looking forward to getting back into a work routine as I had a niggling worry that I maybe wouldn't have the time or energy to give it 110% like I did before Alfie was born but I needn't have worried.

Aspire Hair is not a fad or faze to me. It's a big part of who I am. We go hand in hand now.


Comments

DY Hair777 said…
Its really very useful blog. thanks for shearing with us. Please Visit:

cheap human hair wigs
brazilian loose wave
natural hair extensions

Popular Posts