Well That Was Unexpected!




I haven't blogged in  ages.

I have a good excuse though I promise you! Let me start at the beginning ....

I started the new year full of all the usual motivation and enthusiasm that is not unusual for the start of a brand shiny new year. I was going to work super hard, blog at least once a week, really get to grips with Instagram (I admit, I struggle) and i was going to FINALLY lose that excess weight I'd been carrying around with me since I had my daughter (my baby weight) granted I gave birth to her over 8 YEARS AGO NOW!!

I was motivated. I was focused. I was gonna do all that and more. Just watch me!

Well I have to say I got off to an amazing start - really I did. I joined Slimming World and lost almost a stone in weight by the end of January and I was working hard, still motivated and busier than ever.

Happy days!

One day nearing the end of January I started to feel a bit sick and had some tummy cramps. Convinced I had a water infection I decided that as soon as I'd got the weekend out of the way I would go see my doctor and get some medication. I cracked open a cart of cranberry juice and promised myself I wouldn't drink wine that weekend.

At this point my Mr Gary Jones was looking all concerned and thoughtful. He nipped to our local store and when he returned he handed me a £5 twin pack pregnancy test!!

Was he kidding me?

I'd had 2 kids and I knew that pregnancy always made me ridicuously sick. I had HG with my first for crying out loud and I think I knew my body well enough to know a water infection from being pregnant right?

Well ..... 4 pregnany tests later (I just didnt trust that value twin pack so decided to upgrade to another 2 pregnany tests that were digital) it was confirmed. I was pregnant. Holy crap!

 Total surprise. I was in shock mixed with a good deal of denial for a week.

The funny thing was I'd managed to lose a stone in weight (my baby weight from my daughter 8 years ago remember?) during my first 2 months of pregnancy and I never realised I was even pregnant.

I'm now 24 weeks along and very VERY excited to meet out little man!

I hadn't planned on more children but this pregnancy has made me realise that everything happens for a reason and that I am truely blessed.


And guess what!?

I havent been sick once and hardly even felt sick. So far I am blessed with a very easy pregnancy apart from the usual aches and pains that pregnancy presents.

And that stone I lost during January. I still havent put it back on yet so I still weigh less than I did in November before I fell preggers :D

It's business as usual in case anyone is worried and My wonderful assistant Georgia is going to hold the fort in the shop whilst I take a few weeks maternity leave when the time comes :)








Comments

Janice Ryder said…
Well congrats glad to hear everything going well.ps still loving my new hair although fringe sometimes annoys me I should have let you trim it but I still also like the length
Aspire Hair said…
Hi Janice, thanks so much! I'm glad to hear that you're still loving your new hair. I'm here if you need me for that trim although I know you're not local so popping in is difficult.
Make care, Em x