Monday, 18 January 2016

{GUEST BLOG POST} - Do you want your synthetic hair to last LONGER?



I suffer with androgenic alopecia and I have been wearing synthetic wigs for 4 years now and have a few tips on making them last longer.

I buy two wigs a year and have been wearing Codi by Rene Of Paris since the start. I find this style suits me and I love how convenient it is!

I usually stick to similar colours so when it's time to wear a new wig I tend to wear it just for work or going out and when I get home I take it off and put on an older 'conditioned' wig.

It takes just a few seconds but means the new wig is not on all day so doesn't need washing as much and of course it lasts longer.




How I wash my wigs: 


I have recently discovered a new product from Lush called Fun.


 It's perfect for my wigs and it makes them incredibly soft and smelling gorgeous for ages. The wig I'm wearing in the pic is 6 months old and was washed 6 days ago.

It still smells great despite me wearing my hair everyday and it is still very soft.

Please see the photo opposite with a step by step guide of how I use the Lush 'Fun' product to wash my hair.

I brush my wigs with a Tangle Teaser before washing and when my wig is fully dry.



Thanks for reading!









5 comments:

Janice Ryder said...

I would never thought of using the Lush products. I've often find that wig shampoos don't have much smell (I miss the smell of a nice shampoo) so will have to give this a go.

Janice Ryder said...

I would never thought of using the Lush products. I've often find that wig shampoos don't have much smell (I miss the smell of a nice shampoo) so will have to give this a go.

DY Hair777 said...

Nice information you have shared. This post is useful for so many people. Thanks for share.

human hair wigs
brazilian curly hair

DY Hair777 said...

This post is really genuine for hair wigs i really like this post.
Dyhair777 is also provide best hair products if you want any hair related product to please contact with dyhair777 by submit below links.

Cheap Human Hair Wigs
I Tip Hair Extensions

IR HAIR said...

Nice post,thanks for your sharing.
Ir hair is a trusted virgin human hair online shop.
buy virgin hair