Wednesday, 8 April 2015

A little bit of mindfulness can go an awful long way (I speak from experience!)




I'm a worrier. 

A dreamer 

A planner 

But mostly ..... Even though I hate to admit it - I am a worrier through and through.

When I started aspire 5 years ago I was in a constant state of alert. 

The business grew pretty quickly considering the only knowledge I had was about wigs! 

You'd think that my passion for wigs would have been enough but you'd be a million miles away from the truth of it. 

Marketing, social media, customer service, good social skills, a good telephone manner, website design skills, writing skills, book keeping skills ...... These are all things I'd never considered!! 

So, in typical Emma style I found myself dealing with issues IMMEDIATELY as they came up. 

I read lots of books. 

Built a website myself (it's served me well for 5 years and I'm only just ... ONLY JUST ... Having a new one professionally built! 

The point I'm trying to make is not that I'm some genius or that I'm anything special but what I'm saying is I was in constant alert ... 

What next? 

What do I have to learn now? 

What's going to go wrong next? 

I can't believe I said that to a supplier last week I must have sounded so unprofessional!!? 

Do you see what's happening here? 

I was always worrying about what had happened the day / week / month before. Always panicking about what was going to happen next in the future. 

One of the most valuable lessons I've learnt is that what happened in the past can't be changed and what's coming in the future will come no matter what. 

So why do we worry about things that have passed and things yet to come? 

To be honest I haven't a clue! It seems silly when you break everything down that way but still we continue to do it day after day .... 

A friend of mine recommended a few books to me and me being a total book geek I got myself straight onto amazon UK and order them in.

I just wanted to share them with you today in case you were feeling stressed and anxious. I can highly recommend them! 

Click on the links below to go straight to amazon UK and learn more about each book :) I'm not affiliated with amazon or any if the authors of these books BTW!! I just really like them and think you'll like them too ...





Speak soon! 










http://aspire-hair.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6b00521c50d65cbd2f79ac504&id=3b01ce7264

No comments: