Nj Creation Wigs - Getting To 'Grips' With The Concepts ...




I can't remember how many times I've closed my eyes and tried to visualise the PERFECT cap construction for a wig. I've done this so much over the past 15 years and I've always had a very clear idea of what I would have liked to have seen produced.

In case you hadn't already noticed, I'm a massive fan of choice. I believe that when women with medical hair loss decided to move towards wearing hair they want to have choices.

I don't just mean a choice of hair style and hair colour.

I mean REAL choices.

A comfortable base.

The choice between synthetic fibre and human hair.

If human hair is the choice then what type of human hair? European Remy or Indian Remy ......

I LIKE CHOICE!! 

And I know my clients like choice too.

So you can imagine my absolute excitement when a couple of weeks ago I had an email from a company telling me all about their wigs and would I like a brochure sending through the post. I must admit that at first I just skimmed the email and forgot about it for a couple of days but something drew me back to it to investigate further (nosiness I suspect!)

I'm so glad I did because as soon as I received a brochure through the post and I started skimming through it I found myself checking out the cap / base designs towards the back of the brochure.

I noticed choice  |  Options  |  Lace fronts  |  Mono tops and silicone all featured in the caps. Now .... this is my kind of cap!

I checked out all the styles and emailed NJ Creation wigs back right away. They very kindly offered to send me one of each of the base (concepts) through the post for me to take a look at and show my clients.

I want to share them all with you today as I think you're going to love them just as much as I do!!

So let's cut short my usual rambling and jump straight in to this collection.


Concepts - The base designs on these wigs are broken down into 'Concepts'. We have a choice of A,B,C and D for our base designs and a collection of ready made styles / colours. My personal fave concept is concept D but more on this later ....




CONCEPT A

This base design is almost totally wefted but the great thing about a concept A wig from NJ Creations is that you're not going to feel like your wearing a machine made / wefted wig one bit!
Why? - Well to start with the cap is close wefted so the base is beautifully soft against the scalp.
A mono crown has also been Incorporated which is a brilliant little touch of luxury on a base that's entire purpose is to be cost effective to the wearer.
My absolute favourite thing about the concept A base design is that it has a thin silicone perimeter that provides FANTASTIC security for the wearer!
NJ Creation haven't been tight with the silicone either as there is plenty of it to make me very excited about this concept.



CONCEPT B

This base design is rather luxurious with it being 100% hand tied. Again the perimeter is lined with medical grade silicone that's thin and incredibly grippy. The silicone has also been added in strips across the back of the cap which is a wonderful feature for ladies experiencing total scalp hair loss such as alopecia totalis and alopecia universalis.
The hair can be moved and positioned in any direction and concept B also features a soft lace edge at the front hair line for the most natural look.





CONCEPT C

This base design is a fantastic one as well and slightly different to concepts A and B. The concept C base design has a soft lace edge at the front hair line and a mono top so that the hair can be parted where ever you choose. The back and sides of this base are wefted with the sides being closed wefted for added comfort. The great news about concept C is that it also features a silicone perimeter! The silicone is medical grade, transparent and thin and extends across the back of the cap in strips.








CONCEPT D

This concept is my absolute favourite out of all four designs! Concept D has an extended (ear to ear) lace front that is set further back into the base design. The use of silicone at the ear tabs, across the top of the head and in the nape make this wig very secure for women with total scalp hair loss (trust me on this one, I've tried it out already!).
The top is made using fine mono and the back and sides of the concept D cap are enclosed for a feeling of security and comfort.
I really love concept D!




My customers are loving this new collection and I can totally get why!

I'm going to blog more about these wigs and I'll be sharing the four styles I received in my next few blog posts.

I'd love to know what you think!?

Do these wigs look like something you're interested in?

Do you have any questions for me?

Leave a comment below :-)











PS: If you loved this blog post then you're gonna LOVE my free weekly e-newsletter! Sign up today and I'll also email you across a free copy of my wig workshop e-guide as a little thank you :-) Grab your free guide right here

Comments

DiscoD'Eva said…
I have a weird form of alopecia. I still have a little bit of hair. It is very thin. I only wore a wig for a short time because it was always sliding off and very hot. I keep buying wigs and I have the same problem with all of them. They look fake, slide off, they always bulge in the back. I'm 48 and I think it is time for a change. Eva