My first set of lashes in 20 years :-)




Having Alopecia is more than just the obvious hair loss on the head. As a sufferer of Alopecia universalis I also lost my eyebrows and eyelashes. 

It's taken many years for me to come to terms with my Alopecia but I must admit I still miss having my eyelashes very much! 

So you can imagine my absolute delight when I noticed a few random pure white eyelashes growing through a while back. I was over the moon! Amazed! I couldn't stop checking on them every time I passed a mirror and touching them throughout the day. Who'd have thought that 6-7 lashes could make a girl feel so happy right? 

As grateful as I was for my newly grown white eyelashes, I was also a little stuck as to what I could actually do with them ....

Mascara want going to work because a) I don't have any mascara as I've never had lashes throughout the whole if my adult life b) I don't have a clue how to use mascara and feared that I'd end up stabbing myself in the eye which would result in seriously impaired vision and c) it would probably just look strange to have a few spiky looking lashes per eye! 

My lash technician at the salon took a look at them one day for me and after a little inspection she said that I actually had almost a full set of lashes on each eye!! They were just so white and soft that they couldn't be seen properly or noticed by anyone ..... Myself included. 

So ..... She did me a little makeover :) check out the results below! 




Wow
M was all I could say when I looked in the mirror after I was all finished! Just wow. I felt a little emotional and suddenly a little more 'grown up'. I had lashes!!! 

You'll notice as well the randomly growing eyebrows. They can sod off for me as I hate them! Do you know how painful tweeting and threading is!? As someone who has never experienced the pain of this (threading especially) I can honestly say that it's the WORST pain I've ever felt and I've got two kids, M.E and Fibromyalgia ........ Threading is torturous!! 

As brilliant as Harriet's lashes were my lashes did fall out again after a month or so and I'm currently working in growing me a new set of lashes :) random Alopecia at it's best eh?? 

Another editing thing is that Harriet's discovered a new type of individual lash that is ultra light and soft along with a special glue that can be used directly on the skin that lasts up to 4 weeks. I'm going to be her tester for this and can't wait to share my experience of it with you all! 

Can you imagine ..... Lashes that are individually placed to create a natural look that lasts day and night for 4 weeks at a time. I'm very excited about this :) 

Do you wear falsies? I'd love to hear about your fave brands and your experiences with false lashes. 

I'll keep you all updated in the new lash system! 


http://aspire-hair.us5.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=6b00521c50d65cbd2f79ac504&id=e0f13ec8c4





Comments