The Amber: a review update

A couple of weeks ago you might have seen I wrote a review of the Amber wig

In it, I promised an update about its maintenance, once I'd had a chance to wear and wash it! Well, last night was washing night, so here's the update.

The Amber has a new type of synthetic fibre which is really thin and soft. This gives it a gorgeous feel and a really really natural look. What it does mean however is that she doesn't last as long between washes. Normally, I can go 3-4weeks of regular wear before I NEED to wash the wig (shhh don't tell Emma). The Amber however doesn't last as long and needs washing after about 10 days or potentially 2 weeks. Unlike natural hair, it doesn't look particularly greasy, but the fibres become lacklustre and the curls droop almost straight. It loses the flirty, flattering shape and becomes pretty average and I actually could be considered to be having a bad hair day :-) 

The good news is, last night I washed it, left it conditioning for 30 minutes, rinsed it in cool water and hung it upside down. After that it's as good as new and back to being my current favoured wig! Whoop whoop! It does need longer with the conditioner, but that isn't too much of a problem!

An extra word of caution: All wigs should be washed every 10-14 days as the grease from your fingers and the grime from the atmosphere will mean it doesn't last as long otherwise. I sometimes struggle to do it that often (see above), but it's worth it to ensure you have to buy less wigs!

The Amber at its best...



Victoria xxx
Aspire Hair South
http://www.aspire-hair.co.uk

Comments