Feeling FABULOUS!

I'm not even going to start this blog post with the usual "I havn't blogged in so long!" because that's how I always seem to start! I really need to take more time out and get down to blogging again as often as I used to :o)

There have been a few reasons as to why I have been blogging less since October. One reason being that work has been busy, busy, busy. The second reason is that Xmas suddenly sprung on me faster than I was prepared for! And thirdly I have been feeling a little under the weather these past few months (but that's a subject for a future blog)

Anyway, I thought to myself today, what better way to get back into my blogging than to blog about something positive!

Some of you may know already (If you follow Aspire Hair on Facebook and Twitter) but for those of you that don't know I was lucky enough to be part of a recent article published by Fabulous Magazine (comes with the Sun newspaper every Sunday) . Fabulous magazine planned on doing an article about woman who were confident and happy despite something that effected their personal appearance and I was lucky enough to be asked if I wanted to be a part of it! I jumped at the chance :)

I had to travel down to London (from Sheffield) for the photo shoot and when I arrived at the studio I was greeted by some amazing woman who were also featuring in the spread. In typical 'Emma style' the situation I had put myself suddenly dawned on me! I was going to have my pictures taken, Minus my wig and ALOT of people were going to see this when I published! To say I was nervous would have been an understatement. I mean, I am comfortable with my alopecia now after 19 years of having it, but I have never shown myself minus my hair to such a large audience so the butterflies were well and truly kicking in :-/



Here I am with and WITHOUT my Follea Gripper wig :)




All in all though I am very happy with how my story and my pictures came out :) And I had such an amazing response from so many people sending me emails, calling me, texting me etc that I am so glad I did it so I could let people know that you can be happy with alopecia.

Emma xxx


Comments