Saturday, 4 December 2010

Welcome !

Welcome to my new Blog...... Diary of a self confessed wig addict!

Now is probably the best time to tell you a bit about myself, dont worry i will keep this part as short as possible, after all we have pressing wig related business to be getting on with. My name is Emma and i am 27 years old. I live in Sheffield, derbyshire, Uk with my partner Gary, my 2 children keaton (8) and mya (2). I also have 3 step sons who are 24, 22 and 17 years old. I have had a hairloss condition called Alopecia Universalis for over 15 years now, i ever single hair on my head, my eyelashes, eyebrows and body hair at the age of 12 years old. I run my own business called Advanced Lace Wigs and although my business is young, we are flourishing! So it would seem what i once deemed a disadvantage (my alopecia) has actually become my business!

I do have another small secret as well ...... one that up untill just recently i hid from everyone that knows me ....... but now i feel it is the time to 'come out' as i were ...... here goes

I ...... AM ....... A ....... WIG ........ ADDICT!

Dont laugh now ! This is a very serious addiction and one that has my neighbours extreamly confused as to how my hair can grow 12 inches virtually over night lol. Seriously though i simply can not resist wigs. I have worn wigs for around 13 years now and can honestly say i may have tried every single one going, i just love them. I can be blonde, brunette, a red head all with very little effort. I must admit aswell that since i started my business, my addiction with wigs has become worse, but what the hey, if the wig fits ...........

I am blonde at the moment as you can see from the header images at the top of my Blog, but i am seriously considering going darker for the winter so watch this space!

So this first post is really just a 'get to know me a little better' post. I have so many future posts already planned so please do keep checking back and let me know what you think! all comment welcome and very much appreciated. Let me know what you would like me to post even!

For now i will love ya and leave ya as its 12.20am and i had better get some sleep before my daughter wakes me up at silly O'clock demanding her morning bowl of sugar puffs and pancakes (oh my that girl can eat!)

Emma xxx
Advanced Lace Wigs
The Alopecia Journey

PS - any suppliers out there who would like a professional, honest and informative review of their products (wigs, hats, bandanas etc...) just let me know!

No comments: